Suggestions to improve CW arena

Backflip

Hey, so I'm gonna share my thoughts on improving and enhancing the CW arena's performance etc. The performance server-wide is so good, but I think if we are gonna play clanwars on our server, we should fix and/or implement a few things. Here are some that I have noted:

Removing Infernus mods/parts in the arenaI think everyone would more likely want to play clanwars with their stock Infernus than to play with a modded Infernus because some parts can be distracting, might cover parts of the track etc.
mta-screen_2021-02-06_21-34-24.thumb.png.8f39df25cf5a4a628164e5f0907fbd72.png

Userpanel access. Though maps can't be bought inside the CW arena, it still might bug a few people and I just think it shouldn't be accessible inside the arena at all.
mta-screen_2021-02-06_21-34-37.thumb.png.0ef8a8229b0ca579455a2bfd92b9620a.png

/join command kicks to lobby. It does kick when a nonexistent room is entered (e.g. /join 1, that arena [1] doesn't exist), but I think it would be just better to ignore the mistake in command output or just to output a text into chatbox saying something like 'That arena doesn't exist!'

Clanwar HUD restarting every time a team is created. Maybe teams should just get created before players arrive but even if a few bugs occurred, all players would have to rejoin their teams as if the script was restarted. Also, when a new team is created, the previous one just becomes invisible and players would have to join again (e.g. if team 2 is newly created team, team 1 would get wiped off the HUD).

Ability to toggle radar/minimap on/off. I don't think this feature is still available at our server, but it would be useful to have it since we have a few players who get bugged by the radar's presence.

Only one spawn available per map. This could be an unfair advantage, and could be fixed with a script (DDC has the script enabled I think). Also, I think it would be a big task to remove all spawns on all maps on the server just to leave out one per map (though if it's a must, I can maybe do it for cws and then return the maps to their primary state after said cws).mta-screen_2021-02-06_21-35-01.thumb.png.7c8d5057e0ece1dd86c4666c4f5dc915.png

Disable respawn script in the arena. Totally unnecessary in my opinion. Also, it could confuse the referees spectating if someone that is dead respawns and races next to an alive player.

Next map starts automatically when everyone dies. I don't know if this is done on purpose, but it could create confusion and unnecessary waiting for the players. Referees can just add points for the map that was finished during the following map.

Points in chatbox. Maybe I'm just picky idk. When they are added, they look like:
[WFF] .:DoA:.Wolfer added points: .:DoA:.Wolfer (3), DoAShaNe (2), DoA|^Backflip (1), DoA|^Backflip (1)
but in my opinion should look like:
[WFF] .:DoA:.Wolfer added points:
.:DoA:.Wolfer (3),
DoAShaNe (2),
DoA|^Backflip (1),
DoA|^Backflip (1)

Disable invisible objects script during cws. This should be straightforward, I think this is a standard procedure for clanwars by now, and we can still enable it in the arena.

Remove points and money stats from the scoreboard in arena.

And one last thing, the camera on Infernus. I think it can affect players' performance and should be changed asap.

Other than that, everything else looks and works great. If I notice any more bugs or have any other suggestions, I'll post again in this here topic. Feel free to post some suggestions (CW arena related) here as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, so I'm gonna tear this apart bit by bit. I don't really agree with everything here in some sense because we still do have limits with what we can do even with help.

12 hours ago, Backflip said:

Removing Infernus mods/parts in the arenaI think everyone would more likely want to play clanwars with their stock Infernus than to play with a modded Infernus because some parts can be distracting, might cover parts of the track etc.

And one last thing, the camera on Infernus. I think it can affect players' performance and should be changed asap.

We're not exactly sure how to fix the camera with the infernus mod tbh. NoHear is the one that made the infernus mod. Apparently, he also doesn't know how to fix this camera issue.

However, there was something done about it in the cw arena. The cw arena won't use the infernus mod (it'll just be the default infernus). Therefore, the camera is normal in that arena. The only thing I noticed it keeping in the arena is the vehicle color.

/join command kicks to lobby. It does kick when a nonexistent room is entered (e.g. /join 1, that arena [1] doesn't exist), but I think it would be just better to ignore the mistake in command output or just to output a text into chatbox saying something like 'That arena doesn't exist!'

I'll do what I can to see if this can get done. It makes sense to make that change. Even in early testing, we kept putting /join in by mistake.

Ability to toggle radar/minimap on/off. I don't think this feature is still available at our server, but it would be useful to have it since we have a few players who get bugged by the radar's presence.

It was already on the server. It's f9 to toggle the radar.

Only one spawn available per map. This could be an unfair advantage, and could be fixed with a script (DDC has the script enabled I think). Also, I think it would be a big task to remove all spawns on all maps on the server just to leave out one per map (though if it's a must, I can maybe do it for cws and then return the maps to their primary state after said cws).

Disable respawn script in the arena. Totally unnecessary in my opinion. Also, it could confuse the referees spectating if someone that is dead respawns and races next to an alive player.

Disable invisible objects script during cws. This should be straightforward, I think this is a standard procedure for clanwars by now, and we can still enable it in the arena.

All these things have been done (to a certain degree which I'll explain below). I just hope you guys won't regret it bc it's probably not gonna be changed back.

- We don't have something like the ddc script, but the spawn system is changed for the cw arena. Everybody just spawns at the 1st spawnpoint now, and you can't change your spawnpoint in there.
- It's done, but your reasoning made no sense for the respawn script. As far as I know, nobody can see you in training mode (and you can't interfere with others either).
- This one is just gone. You can't change it at all in the cw arena now. I'm guessing it would've been too much of a hassle to implement it in the way you wanted.

Userpanel access. Though maps can't be bought inside the CW arena, it still might bug a few people and I just think it shouldn't be accessible inside the arena at all.

Clanwar HUD restarting every time a team is created. Maybe teams should just get created before players arrive but even if a few bugs occurred, all players would have to rejoin their teams as if the script was restarted. Also, when a new team is created, the previous one just becomes invisible and players would have to join again (e.g. if team 2 is newly created team, team 1 would get wiped off the HUD).

Next map starts automatically when everyone dies. I don't know if this is done on purpose, but it could create confusion and unnecessary waiting for the players. Referees can just add points for the map that was finished during the following map.

Points in chatbox. Maybe I'm just picky idk. When they are added, they look like:
[WFF] .:DoA:.Wolfer added points: .:DoA:.Wolfer (3), DoAShaNe (2), DoA|^Backflip (1), DoA|^Backflip (1)
but in my opinion should look like:
[WFF] .:DoA:.Wolfer added points:
.:DoA:.Wolfer (3),
DoAShaNe (2),
DoA|^Backflip (1),
DoA|^Backflip (1)

Remove points and money stats from the scoreboard in arena.

- Userpanel suggestion is kinda nitpicky. Unless there's a bug involved with this, it's really not something that needs addressed tbh.
- CW hud suggestion isn't that much of an issue. Just confirm with teams that the info is correct before letting them join.
- I think there needs to be some sort of buffer somewhere in between maps. I'd personally prefer it to be involved with manually starting the countdown, but I'm not sure this will be changed. I think this might've been requested by ludi or myself.
- This points messages suggestion is a bit nitpicky too. If it bothers a lot of people, I can see about getting it changed. I don't really think this is something that matters though.
- Removing that stuff from the scoreboard isn't all that necessary either. Actually, some cw stats are put on the scoreboard. If we're playing wff, the points tab is supposed to show the amount of points you've earned in the cw.

If I missed something, feel free to let me know.