Intro Topic

Hey guys!

I thought I would try this again. I originally tried something similar before (which resulted in the 1v1-me channel that has its moments of activity on discord), but I’d like to stray away from that a little bit. Consider this the intro topic to another version of the 1v1-me events.

You don’t really need to read the whole thing if you don’t want to do it. You could get the idea of what I’m doing just by reading the bold text.

I had a goal in mind when I made it. I mostly wanted the chance to challenge more players competitively since I don’t really play too much in clanwars. I also wanted to actively have matches. However, I feel it didn’t really work out that way.

Since we made it more into a general thing, I didn’t get very many challengers. As a matter of fact, I think I only played against people within DoA. While that isn’t a bad thing, it was kinda depressing considering it could also be used as a way to get to know DoA members for those who weren’t well known. It may be kinda selfish, but I’m making this an event for me specifically to get challengers. I want a way to improve my in-game skills a little bit.

I feel like it was a bit difficult to get these set up as well. This was mainly due to setting matches up at random times (which can make it difficult to find someone to referee and record/type stats), and the staff always had to collect different maps for every match. For this event, I’d like to have a set time and a mostly set map list for this event (while it may change based on whatever maps I have in my possession). However, I’ll fill people in on this in another topic.

I also feel like there wasn’t enough motivation for these types of events either. For the 1v1-me type matches, there really isn’t any sort of prize. However, I’d like to introduce prizes every now and again for this specific event as a way to say thanks. I can’t say what the prizes will be yet (bc they’ll likely be random prizes at random times), but I hope something like this would give a little more motivation at least. Those prizes may be based on certain statistics which I’ll make a topic for later (once there are actually statistics).

That’s honestly all I have to say about it at the moment. I hope to play against a good bit of people. All important info regarding this event will be placed in a Rules Topic and the Challenge Topic.