Hey everyone, my name is Damjan, I'm 24 years old and i live in Bosnia and Herzegovina (the Balkans). Apart from my most recent break, I've played MTA for almost 8 years and hopefully will play even more.
Your MTA history
It all started in 2010 when i accidentally discovered the game and downloaded it instantly. Back then I wasn't familiar with the servers and usually messed about with the map editor. When I did indeed discover the servers (and it took me a long time), I played on a couple of freeroam servers before moving to race servers. Although I have been god awful at race/DM thanks to my low FPS rate back in the day, I've always loved playing it and never wanted to play anything else. In 2013 I had a small break due to a fuss around some clan, more on that later, and came back with a bang in 2014 haha. During those 3 or 4 years I've had a few 'flirts' with a few DM clans that were quite familiar back then. Then I stopped playing again in 2017, I had an argument with some bloke around a clan that we lead. That, and the annoying FPS rate that blew up my mind, made me quit MTA (and my computer) for good. Or so I thought. I've started playing again in October 2019 and have been active on the FFS server for the majority of my playing time.
Have you been in other official/unofficial clans? If so, which clans?
- Xtreme-Players / my very first clan, I had two spells there. I first joined in 2011, been a member for a couple of months and left. After a failed couple of attempts in 2012, I joined again in January 2013 and was an administrator at the clan. Then the owner decides to demote me to a moderator for my FPS rate in May (?) and I instantly leave the clan.
- Famous-Players / been there between my first and second spells at XP, it was a small clan, didn't have a server, but was dedicated to developing and scripting a freeroam/roleplay server. I was in charge of the mapping but I thought that the server wouldn't work and I left.
- Xtreme 5 / the OG race clan in my opinion, I was the leader of the clan (so *after* TARA's "reign" at the clan), but it didn't last very long because me and the other leader had a fuss about the server and the whole thing collapsed.
- The Armed Gang / this one was my clan and the name was basically like that because I wanted a clan tag with the abbreviation |TAG|. It lasted 3 or 4 months before going down.
- Death on Approach / I was actually in this clan as well haha, I've been a trial member I think. I don't precisely remember when I joined the clan, but got inactive at that very moment and subsequently got kicked.
By the way, all of these clans are/were race clans apart from Famous Players. I've definitely been in a couple of more clans, but I just can't remember.
In which DM:Race servers do you usually play?
Nowadays I play at FFS (OS and Training, sometimes Hard DM) and DDC but I tend to visit some other servers, just to see what scripts they have to offer haha
Do you have any unique skills, that would distinguish you from other applicants? (Achievements, Scripting, Designing etc.).
Well apart from a little bit of mapping knowledge and experience with MTA servers, there's not much more that I can offer at the moment. I am an organised person so I think that may help in some areas.
What led you towards applying for DoA membership rather than other clans?
I remember the clan and some people that were in it and are still now in it and it's always a good time with them so that's one thing that made me try my luck. Obviously the clan has since expanded and much more new members are there that are also nice and kind to other players. The other thing is, I'm having more fun now here than ever and the people are lovely. I didn't get the chance to meet all of the members, but I hope in the future that I'll get it.
Any additional information you want to add
My job could limit my playing time in the future, but I'll seek to make up for the lost hours haha. But because of the corona situation going on on the continent, I'm not working at all so I'll probably be more active than ever.
Thanks for taking your time to read.